Inter-Valley League Regulations East Valley Team Rules 2016-2017
East Valley Tennis Team Rules:
1. We are students first, athletes second! Students must be in good standing to play tennis. This includes all A's, B's, and C's, and no 1 or 2 citizenship grade scores. Grade checks will be done weekly. 2. We are on time and prepared to practice! Practices starts at 3:00pm and ends at 4:00pm for B team and 4:30 for A team. Students need tennis racket and good shoes each day. 3. We are a team! Athletes will wear their tennis shirts to matches. Shirts will be available at the start of the season. Students will support and encourage each other, demonstrate good sportsmanship with all opponents, and always have good attitude!
Additional requirements: A. Students need to have the $45 transportation/activity fee paid before the first match in order to continue playing. B. Students must have had a sports physical by the first match. All forms can be found at the front office of East Valley. C. Students must have 10 practices attended before the first match in order to play. D. Students must be present at least four of the class periods to be eligible to participate in practices or contests each day. E. If suspended (including ISS), the student may not participate in any activity during the time/day(s) of suspension. F. Students must adhere to the East Valley Participation Policy.
A Team Requirements:
A team tryouts will begin the week before the first match. Challenges for A team can occur up to once a week at the coaches discretion. Students on B team wishing to challenge an A team member or double team must win their B team matches and let the coach know they are wishing to challenge for an A team spot. In addition to team requirements, A Team athletes are asked to stay for the entire match to support and cheer on their team. Exceptions must be approved by the coach before the match.
IVL Tennis Tournament Regulations:
1. Tournament will follow a single elimination format.
2. 6th, 7th and 8th graders are allowed to compete for points in the Intervalley League Tournament.
3. Each team will consist of three (3) boys singles, three (3) girls singles, two (2) boys doubles, two (2) girls doubles, and two (2) mixed doubles.
4. Each match will be one (1) set. The winner of a match will be declared by the first player to win six (6) games, and leading the other player by two (2) games. In the case of a tie at 6-6, a twelve (12) point tiebreaker will be used.
5. Each boy or girl is allowed to play only once during a match. If a player participates in singles match they are not allowed to play in any of the double matches. If a player is found to be in violation of this rule that match will result in a forfeit and will be so indicated when scoring the match to determine a winner.
6. Forfeiting matches will be from the bottom seeds up.
7. Coaching will be allowed during the switching of court ends.
8. The coach will be allowed to play their #1 player at any #1 spot.
9. Tournament formatting will follow the regular season guidelines for the number of participants allowed to compete.
10. A break between matches will be determined by player, coach, tournament official with a maximum time of 30 minutes.
11. Each school will bring 2 cans of balls to each site for singles and doubles.